The first badge any Cub Scout must earn is the Bobcat badge. To qualify for the Bobcat badge the scout must perform the following 8 tasks:
They must learn and give the Cub Scout Promise:
CUB SCOUT PROMISE
(say your name), promise
to DO MY BEST,
To do my DUTY to GOD
And my COUNTRY
To HELP other people, and
To OBEY the Law of the Pack
They must say the Law of the Pack and tell what it means:
LAW OF THE PACK
Cub Scout follows Akela.
The Cub Scout helps the pack go.
The pack helps the Cub Scout grow.
The Cub Scout gives goodwill.
3. They must be able to tell what Webelos means.
4. They must be able to show the Cub Scout sign and tell what it means.
5. The must be able to give the Cub Scout motto and tell what it means:
6. They must be able to give the Cub Scout handshake and tell what it means.
7. They must give the Cub Scout salute and tell when to use it.
They must complete the Child Abuse exercises in the "Parent Guide".
When the new Cub Scout has completed the above 8 tasks, the will be ready to receive their Bobcat badge at their next pack meeting. They can also start to work on the requirements for the apporpriate badge for their age group. You will only need to earn the Bobcat badge once while you are in the Cub Scouts.